Experience The Home of Racing
Newmarket is the historic Home of Horseracing and the greatest horseracing centre in the world. It offers a treasure trove of sights and sounds for the racing enthusiast. Quite simply anyone with even just a passing interest in the “Sport of Kings” should visit Newmarket at least once in their lifetime.
Here horseracing is lived and breathed on every street corner. There are more racehorses, trainers, stable staff, stud farms and racing organisations based in and around the town of Newmarket than anywhere else on earth.
- Two racecourses, the Rowley Mile and July Course
- Over 2500 racehorses in training
- Over 75 licensed trainers
- 65 stud farms including the National Stud and the powerhouse of Sheikh Mohammed’s breeding empire, Dalham Hall Stud
- 2800 acres of fully maintained training grounds
- 50 miles of turf gallops
- 17 miles of artificial gallops
- Original home of the Jockey Club
- Palace House, the 17th century royal palace that was the Newmarket home of Charles II, who did so much to develop the sport of horseracing
- National Horseracing Museum
- British Racing School
- Tattersalls Sales, the biggest horse sales company in Europe
- Animal Health Trust
- Equine Fertility Unit
- Horseracing Forensic Laboratory
- Thoroughbred Breeders Association
- International Racing Bureau
- Racing Welfare
- Federation of Bloodstock Agents
- Plus the country’s top equine veterinary practices and equine hospitals, saddlers, farriers, equine transport companies, etc.